Sunday 18 April 2010

Runner Part 2

Now that I had half of the cycle done, I was time to finish the second half to make a complete cycle. Luckily, there is an easy way of doing this. Instead of re-posing each of the positions as I've already done, I can just use these poses for the rest of the cycle. In the last update, I used the paste pose to get the mid-cycle pose, which I will use again to get the rest of the poses.












Since I did each step of the animation every 5 frames, I went back to the beginning and every 5 frames, copied and flip pasted the pose into the desired frame. After doing this to every frame. I had a complete run cycle. However, I wanted to make this run cycle last over 240 frames, instead of the 120 which was the current length of the cycle. To do this, I went into the action editor window after highlighting all of the bones and selected all of the keyframes. I then duplicated them and positioned them further in the timeline so that one cycle would begin straight after the last. I then did a test render on the animation too see how it looked.

The result was relatively good but there was still something missing. It was then that I noticed that although both the leg and arm movements had been animated, the body had remained completely still the whole way through.

I went back to the animation and set up some key frames in the spine bones, giving them a bit on rotation left and right as the legs and arms move back and forth. After rendering the animation again, I was happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment