Saturday 8 May 2010

Weight Lifting

For the last animation, I chose to do an animation of a weight lifter lifting up a barbell. As I have done before, I used the reference videos to get a good starting pose for the animations as I find this is the best way to animate. Unlike the other two videos, I decided to create a mesh for a barbell, as this would not only improve the animation visually but also help me get a goot reference point of the hand positions.








Once this was done, I used the same technique I had used in the rower animation. This time however, I did not animate to the video exactly, but instead used it as a rough guide for my poses. Everytime the weight lifter in the reference video made a different movement (i.e. going from crouching to standing), I made a keyframe in the animation and replicated that piece of movement's starting and finishing position.













The process was a lot harder to make as I first thought, since there were issues such as the barbell going through the knees of the mesh in which I would have to re-adjust the position of the mesh before attempting the animation again. Something else that was different was that I would also have to keep changing the position of the barbell to keep it in the arms of the weight lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment