Sunday 14 March 2010

Using MakeHuman

After downloading MakeHuman, I started experimenting with all of the options that are available. Features such as height, weight and build can be adjusted on a slider to the user's liking. If any specific parts of the body need adjusting individually, they can be selected and altered with the click of a button.















Since the human I am designing is an athlete, I put up the level of muscle faily high and also made him slightly taller and weigh more to give the effect of a person who trains a lot. I also chose not to add any hair or any ethnicity to the model as these will not be needed once I import the model into blender, since I will that this would detract the attention away from the actual animation of the scenes.













Once I was happy with the look of my model, I first saved a copy as a MakeHuman file (incase I would want to make any changes to the model later) and then exported the model as a lightwave file. I then opened blender and imported the lightwave file into the scene and set up some lighting, no problems what so ever. The model was finished off by applying a smooth modifier to round off all of the edges. The final outcome can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment